Friday, January 21, 2011

First Day Back at Internship

I started on Thursday and it was great. I got back to flow of things for example,  calling parents, answering phones and talking to my supervisor about goals I hope to accomplish this Spring semester while at internship. I will have the opportunity to hold a group session with parents. I'm not sure what topic I will focus on but I was thinking about "handling temper tantrums from the children" or "teaching children with everyday surroundings." I am still looking for possible topics that will help the client group of people I work with. I came up with goals I hope to accomplish. I wanted to know and understand the government assistance programs for example, TANF and Food Stamps. I want to become more aware of CPS and Immigration laws. I also want to work my communication skills as I talk to parents of children attending the agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment