Monday, January 26, 2009

This Week Thought

I was invited by my mentor to join her in a Hmong fellowship and it was so great to fellowship with my brothers and sisters in the Faith. Well, during the fellowship I talking with a young lady about her experience in Wisconsin, which has a community of Hmongs. I was told how badly it was for some Hmong because the lack of money they had. I was really sadden by the story of a little boy who's shoes had holes in them. When he went to school, his socks were wet all day walking in school. I was amazed at the young lady heart as she wanted to help the community of Hmong in Wisconsin. I know as social workers we can do so much to help people who in some way are suffering or needs help. I felt while listening to her story, that we as social workers, matter that we can make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment